Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Suspicious of McCain

Hey Matt,
I agree with Dr. Dobson about Senator McCain. While, as a retired military member and American, I respect and honor his military service, I still do not trust him to be my President, and so, I could not vote for him. Just the fact that the left-leaning godless media likes him so much makes me very suspicious of him. His remark that Senator Cochran is not a respected member of the Senate (in reply to Sen. Cochran's concern about Sen. McCain) gives me an insight into a negative aspect of John McCain's character.
Here are some individuals who influence my thinking concerning my duty to vote:

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest relection that your vote is never lost." ---John Quincy Adams

"Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual...but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country." ---Samuel Adams

(And also not making a present or a compliment to please a political party.)

"Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty, as well as the privilege and interest, of a Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers." ---John Jay

(While I recognize we are no longer a Christian nation, it is certain that we will not have true Christian rulers if we do not select and prefer them. I see none in this race so far, unless a third party will give us a clear choice.)

"Society's demands for moral authority and character increase as the importance of the position increases." --John Adams

(Who among the current candidates possesses these?)

"He therefore is the truest friend to the liberty of his country who tries most to promote its virtue, and who, so far as his power and influence extend, will not suffer a man to be chosen into any office of power and trust who is not a wise and virtuous man." ---Samuel Adams

(Or these?)

If I cannot with integrity vote for a candidate, I may with sadness have to submit a blank ballot. But I will vote.

Thank you for hearing me out.

Gary

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark O'Neil said...

I too cannot vote for McCain unless he humbles himself and promises in a convincing manner at a minimum the following:

1) Support an amendment for defining marriage as between one man and one woman.

2) Stop illegal immigration and gets rid of the current illegals that are here.

3) Support an amendment for protecting life at all stages of life.

4) Promises to select Federal judges that are true to the original intent of the U.S. Constitution

5) Apologizes for attacking Freedom of Speech in McCain Feingold Campaign Reform act.

Otherwise I support the Founding Fathers that Gary has quoted. I cannot vote for man like McCain who lacks a basic fear and respect for God. I will not do it...period!!!

February 6, 2008 at 7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"1) Support an amendment for defining marriage as between one man and one woman."

I admire McCain because he does NOT support such an amendment. Mac understands that religious fads come and go (remember the Eighteenth Amendment).

I wonder how many people would support this "ammendment" if it defined marraige as being between a man and a woman FOR LIFE?

February 7, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home