Friday, March 28, 2008

Go to the lowest place

We were standing today outside the only abortion clinic in Mississippi singing hymns and taking turns praying for the women and babies in the womb within the facility when it dawned on me: this is morally the lowest place in our state. The lowest of the low. The pits.

The place of slaughter.

And I wondered how much different a place the world would be if sanctified Christians would be found, in force, at the "lowest" places of their communities making clear the love of Christ.

That is not typically what happens, I suspect. But it ought to. Thanks for those of you who show up to such places of trouble, of anguish, of pitiable situations.

Thank-you.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It’s an amazing thought when someone thinks of the sight it would be if every Christian would stand against abortion, but I believe the sad truth is that most people are too selfish to do anything about this problem. I was listening to a preacher on the radio not too long ago, and he made a statement to the fact that standing outside of abortion clients doesn’t do any good because the damage has already been done. Now, I’m not the kind of person who believe fornication is acceptable, but to say that the killing of a baby due to fornication between two unmarried people is lest then the act that caused the pregnancy is unacceptable. I just wish there was something I could do to stop this madness.

April 1, 2008 at 12:50 AM  
Blogger Matt Friedeman said...

I wouldn't listen to that preacher on the radio anymore.

April 1, 2008 at 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home